A vegetarian pasta dish that is so light but flavoursome. It has the most amazing combination of flavours and is my favourite pasta meal. Sage has a soft, yet sweet flavour and is known to contribute to an array of health benefits including antioxidant actions and better brain function.
- pasta of choice (mung bean, wholemeal fettucine or egg noodles work great)
- 1-2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- ½ cup sage
- 1 grated lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 2 cups spinach and rocket
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- shaved parmesan (to serve)
Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and add the garlic, sage, asparagus and pine nuts.
Add the pasta to the pan along with the lemon zest, spinach and rocket. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve the pasta topped with shaved parmesan.