A refreshing summer breakfast- you can pick and choose from an endless list of topping variations. My favourite combinations are berries and nuts or banana and nut butter. Oats are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, thiamine, iron, and dietary fibre.
- Serves 1
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup milk (of choice) or water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup Greek/natural yogurt
- ½ tsp natvia or stevia (or honey/ maple syrup)
- toppings of choice:
- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- sliced banana
- grated apple
- chopped almonds or macadamia nuts
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- goji berries
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter, almond butter or nut butter of choice
- In a bowl, combine oats with milk or water of choice. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, add cinnamon, sweetener, toppings of choice and a dollop of yoghurt.
- Stir to combine.