A sweet snack or dessert option. Cottage cheese has a high content of casein protein (a longer-lasting protein), while being relatively low in fat. Apples and Pear are good sources of fibre, vitamin C and various antioxidants. Cinnamon is known to have numerous health benefits including a high antioxidant content, anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to lower blood sugar levels, and potentially reduce heart disease risk factors.
- Serves 2
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (keep peel on for added fibre)
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ cup reduced fat cottage cheese
- Fill a saucepan or non-stick frypan with approximately 1 cm of water.
- Add sliced pear and apple to the pan.
- Flavour with cinnamon and honey and cook until pear and apple is soft.
- Combine cottage cheese and warmed pear/apple to serve.