Sweet potato is rich in complex carbohydrates, dietary fibre and vitamin A and contributes moderate amounts of vitamin B5, B6 and manganese. Baked sweet potato is higher in vitamin C. A great vegetarian comfort meal, very warming and filling on the tummy.
- Serves 2
- 1 x medium sweet potato per person
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 tomato, diced
- ½ cup mushroom, diced
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 chili (with or without seeds depending on desired spice)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon juice
- small handful of coriander
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 180-200 ⁰C.
- Wash and cut the edges off the sweet potatoes.
- Place sweet potatoes in oven and cook for 45-60 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and add tomatoes and mushroom. Add spinach last and cook for approximately 2 remaining minutes.
- To make the cashew cheese, blend all ingredients together in a food processor until a thick but smooth and creamy consistency is formed. You may need to play around with the water amount to suit your desired thickness.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, slice it open and top it up with veggies and creamy cashew cheese.