A creation from my hubby (the king of flavours) – a low-carb/ high protein hearty Bolognese. The zoodles add great texture and you will not even miss the pasta. Zucchini are low in calories (approximately 17 calories per 100 g) and contains significant folate, potassium and provitamin A.
- Serves 4
- 500g grass fed lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup mushroom, diced
- ½ cup peas
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 3-4 zucchini
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs (or alternatively combine the following fresh herbs- Basil, Oregano, Garlic, Thyme, Onion and Parsley, with salt and pepper to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick fry pan on medium heat and add the onion.
- Add the mince and cook until lightly browned.
- Add all remaining veggies, except the spinach. Add herbs of choice and cook until softened and browned.
- Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini into noodles. Add the zoodles and spinach to the pan and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Toss and serve.